Welcome, Pianists and Guitarists! [Singers, click here to view recommendations from Cardon Voice.]
Our students often ask for recommendations for basic equipment to enhance their lesson experience. Below are some suggestions that may help you maximize your learning.
We’ve got tips for those of you wondering how to shop for the best digital pianos (or keyboards) or guitars, too!
Make sure you’re catching every detail with a solid pair of headphones or a bluetooth speaker (either works! pick according to personal preference). Here are our favorites:
- Open-Back Over-Ear Headphones
- “Open Back” allows you to hear your voice in the room more clearly
- Samson SR850 , $45
- Philips SHP9600 , $100-130
- Sennheiser 599 , $200
- Closed-Back Over-Ear Headphones:
- beyerdynamic DT 240 PRO , $70
- Sennheiser HD280PRO , $100
- Shure SE215-CL , $100 (Earbuds)
- Audio-Technica ATH-M50x , $150 (we recommend opting for the wired version for faster video conferencing connection)
- Bluetooth Speakers:
- Doss Soundbox , $30
- JBL Charge 3 , $120
Can your teacher see you clearly? Don’t underestimate how important our view of your torso and face are to providing great guidance for your playing! Check the lighting in your camera view (if you look shadowed on-screen, close any windows behind you and consider placing a light in front of you!), and make sure your camera angle gives your teacher enough feedback about your posture and body movement. Stands like these are inexpensive tools to help make the adjustments you need:
- Classic music stand
- Tablet stand (extends to 60 inches tall)
- Phone or Tablet stand (extends to 67 inches tall, plus gooseneck for easy maneuvering)
Whatever tools of the trade you choose to implement, your Cardon Studios teachers are here to guide you every step of the way. Ready to get started? Schedule your complimentary Intro Session today!